Quickbooks Error 15215
QuickBooks Error 15215 usually appears after installing a huge QuickBooks updates. The reason for this error can be various factors including your QuickBooks server problem or your system issue. Generally, the scenario of this error code is like, you are able to install all the latest updates of QB accounting software except for the maintenance update releases. If you try to install them, you will receive the following message:
“Maintenance Release update error 15215: QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature for the update file.”
Having problems with QB software update can be really frustrating especially when the users need the new dates for their tax forms. That is why it is advisable to keep your QB up to date by any means. But if you experience this error code, you can always seek some simple steps to resolve this. Let’s check out below steps and try to resolve the error on your own.
Quickbooks Update Error 15262
Step one: Issue with digital signature certificate of QB software
Quickbooks Error 15215 appears with the digital signature certificate. Therefore, you need to make sure that you have installed the QB software in the proper way. To ensure whether you have installed the updates properly or not, check out the following solutions:
- Find the file called “QBW32.exe” into your search Window.
- You can also find the file in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks of your desktop
- Right click on “QBW32.exe
- Click on PROPERTIES
- Find the digital signature dialogue box
- Click the DETAILS button
- Next, click on VIEW CERTIFICATE
- Look for the install CERTIFICATE option, you will find it in the CERTIFICATE WINDOW. Click on it. Click NEXT button until you see the FINISH option.
- Reboot your system and open the accounting software. Download and install the updates once more. You can find the update option on the dialogue box. Click on UPDATE QUICKBOOKS button.
Step two: make sure your firewall is not causing the problem
A firewall can hinder Quickbooks from accessing to the internet properly, and as a result, the Quickbooks 2015 update server not responding appears. This happens when different firewalls are installed in your system while you require only one. Have a look at how you can make sure that QB files are safe from Windows Firewall’s gaze:
- Press START MENU and go to control panel. Click SYSTEM AND SECURITY. Click WINDOWS FIREWALL.
- Select ADVANCED SETTING BUTTON
- You will find INBOUND RULES in the left section of your monitor screen
- Do a right click on INBOUND RULES
- Click NEW RULE
- Select PORT
- Select TCP from RADIO BUTTONS
- Switch to the second RADIO BUTTON
- Select SPECIFIC LOCAL PORTS
- Add QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- Click NEXT after finishing
- Select ALLOW THE CONNECTION
- Click NEXT
- Pick the network type
- Press NEXT
- Name the RULE
How Else Can We Help You?
These are the simplest of ways to recover QuickBooks error 15215 servers not responding error. But if you are still experiencing this issue you need to connect with professional tech experts. Try to solve the problem on your own by applying these methods. If you eventually fail, our tech-support team is here to help you out.