Quickbooks Error Code 80070057
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 is a very common QuickBooks error and many users have already faced it. Whenever this error occurs, QuickBooks displays an on-screen message something like “80070057: the parameter is incorrect”. This error basically appears when the user tries to open company files. If you are experiencing the same, then do not worry, we are here to help!
Why Does This QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 Occur?
Due to some various factors, QuickBooks users face this error code. Check out what are those reasons can be behind a certain error code:
- QuickBooks is unable to read your company file because of the changed extension
- Another reason can be because of your QuickBooks installation is improper or damaged
- Wrong file extension of QuickBooks for Windows: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- You are using a third party firewall. The firewall is in the wrong configuration.
- You have not opened the accounting software, yet you are trying to open a portable file.
- Maybe, you are working with some file which is in USB flash drive.
- QuickBooks accounting software has found some damage in your company file at the time of QuickBooks installation or update
These are the possible reasons why you are experiencing the certain error code. But whatever the problem is, and how big it is, you can resolve it yourself. Check out the following steps.
How to fix QuickBooks Error code 80070057- Quick Resolves
We have figured out various solutions for QuickBooks error 80070057. But we are going to represent the finest of solutions for this QuickBooks error here in this post. If you perform them correctly, you are sure to get an effective result within a minute. So, don’t wait any further. Try out the solutions now, in order to fix the error code!
Resolution – check out the company file name extension and verify it quickly
- Right-click on the company file name.
- Click properties.
- Select the QuickBooks tab.
- Check on the file extension in the Filename section and the QuickBooks version in the last opened tab with the file name in it.
- Lastly, press OK.
Change the File Extension
- Make a new folder on the c drive.
- Copy the company file.
- Paste it in the folder
- Then, do a Right-click on the newly created folder and Rename it.
- Change the file extension name to .qbm
- Save changes.
- Next, restore the portable; open QuickBooks desktop.
- In case you encounter any problem while opening QuickBooks, rename the extension name to .qbb
- Open QuickBooks desktop and select Restore the Backup data.
- If you see that the file is not opening then, rename the extension to again .qbx
- Lastly, Open QuickBooks and Convert it to an Accounting copy.
Copy paste the company in another D drive folder
- Open the Windows Explorer
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop at the same time.
- Now, go to the “File” option, then Right-click on it and click onto the New Folder.
- Here, Copy “Companyfile.QBW” from D drive and paste it in the newly created folder.
- Last, open QuickBooks Desktop and open the new folder.
Still Experiencing Error?
The above-mentioned process was just the quickest one. However, there are many other steps that you can perform to recover this error. If you are not being able to resolve this by following the mentioned instruction, call tech support number.