QuickBooks Error h202
There are some error codes which are somewhat related to similar causes and resolutions. This QuickBooks Error h202 usually appears when you are trying to open your company file and this error code hinders you from doing so. But if you follow the instructions given in this article, you can find out the useful resolutions for resolving this issue.
Additionally, this error might also appear when you are in the multi-user environment which means, you are trying to work with a company file and that is not within your system. Similarly, this error can also occur when QuickBooks tries to connect the company file to their accounting software but it is failing to do so for various reasons. Whenever you see this Quickbooks multi-user mode not working issue, follow the given instruction and solve the problem on your own.
What Are The Reasons for QuickBooks Error h202?
There are a few reasons for this QuickBooks Error h202, and some reasons are as follows:
- Your QuickBooks is unable to get the IP address of the framework or the server
- They have arranged to open the record only through the qualified domain name
- The document is somehow improper or has been attacked by a malware program
- The record maybe is in some virtual machine
- Hosting arrangements setting of the software is somehow incorrect
- The firewall is blocking the accounting document
- Quickbooks firewall ports are incorrect
- Error h505 QuickBooks 2018 is occurring because QB data service user does not have a written authorization.
So, these were the causes of the problem. Now, let’s move on to the part where we can resolve this issue.
Solutions for Error Code h202 Quickbooks 2018
Method One: Do a Verification of the Hosting Process
The error code often appears in the multi-user environment and here your computer is a host. So, you must make sure that only one computer has the hosting option. You can check it by following the steps we have given below.
- Do a double click onto the QuickBooks and open it
- Go to File.
- Then go to Utilities.
- Now you can see the Host Multi-User Access option on the list.
- If this appears, it means that your computer is not the host and you can the move the company file to the next computer. But do not change anything during this process.
- Do a click on to File then click Utilities
- Now you see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option
- Click here on this option now in order to prevent your computer to do the hosting process.
Method Two: Edit The Host File on Windows
Sometimes you need to edit the Windows host file. And then you need to add your web server there. Follow the instruction given below to do this advanced process.
- Press windows key + R
- The run dialogue box will open
- Type cmd and press enter
- Type “ipconfig /all” and hit enter
- Follow the computer name and the IP Address
- Close QB and go to start menu
- Click View then Hidden items
- Do a right-click on to the host file
- Enter the IP address and the computer name
- After finishing the process you can reopen the QB software.
Was This Helpful?
You can recover the error by following these methods. But if you are unable to do so, you can take help from a professional tech expert.