QuickBooks Error h505
We are going to discuss QuickBooks Error h505. Many QuickBooks users have experienced this QuickBooks issue which happens due to many reasons. One of the main cause of this problem can be that the QuickBooks company file needs an additional configuration. Here in this post, we are going to discuss the possible reasons, systems, and resolve of the error code.
This error occurs due to the same reason that we can find in QuickBooks error codes 6000, H101, H202, H303. The reason is hosting settings. This error occurs because of some issues with multi-users hosting setup. As a result, the QuickBooks error code appears.
Now, let’s find out the main causes behind the Error h505.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error H505
There are several reasons why this error occurs. We have found a number of tendencies that we can discuss. Check out below:
- Incorrect.ND file: This file allows the accounting software to access an organization. If the ND file is broken, it will prevent the QuickBooks desktop from accessing files over the network.
- QuickBooks Services has not started yet: Maybe QuickBooks DBXX or QBCFM has not started yet on the monitor services area. These services are required for running the accounting software.
- Unable obtain the IP address: Maybe QuickBooks information service manager is unable to obtain the IP address of the host user computer.
- Incorrect settings of the host configuration program: The hosting configuration of QB can be incorrect, that is why the issue is creeping up.
- Improper QB firewall ports: The wrong firewall settings can prevent the accounting software from having communications to the server.
What Are The Symptoms of Error H505
Check out the symptoms of the QuickBooks Error H505.
- The error code crashes the running program window
- Your system freezes with the same error code displaying
- The error code displays on the screen
- Your system becomes slow and responds slowly to keypad or mouse
How To Fix Error H505
The resolve of Error H505 and H101, H202, H303, is the same procedure. Check out below:
Step 1: QuickBooks File Doctor
Download QuickBooks file doctor from the server and run it on your system. It automatically clears all the errors of H series. In case you still find this error, check out other methods.
Solution 2: Verify hosting
Verify the hosting
- On hosting computers, open your QuickBooks software and go to FILES then UTILITIES
- Find the Host Multi-User Access on the list
- If you can find the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option, go for it.
- Go to the Company File,
- Click on to Yes.
Solution 5: Make a new folder for your company file
- Make a new folder on your hosting system,
- Share the folder,
- Set windows in order to get entry and the permissions to share company files.
- Copy .qbw file and paste it in the new folder.
- Reopen QuickBooks and open the company files in multi-user mode.
Still Experiencing Error H505?
If you are still facing this error, then all you have left to do is contacting a tech support provider. Try to resolve the issue by performing the given instructions. If you are unable to do so, our toll-free number is available for you.